GPS 60 Blue Screen problem

Jubilee 5

Hi,

I've just bought a GPS 60 (yellow with B/W screen) and had only used it for about 1 hour when the screen turned blue! I can just about make out menus and writing beneath the blue but cannot use it at all.

When you restart the unit it goes to the Garmin screen in normal black & white LCD then about 1/2 second later goes to this awful blue colour.

I have taken batteries out and waited etc. It has the latest Firmware (I checked luckily before it went blue!)

Please please can anybody help as I would like to start Geocaching over the Christmas break. (was actually in the middle of my first one when the unit went blue!).

My estimation is that the unit will need to be returned - but of course can not speak to Garmin UK until after New Year.

Merry Christmas one and all.

Jubilee 5

Hi,

I've just bought a GPS 60 (yellow with B/W screen) and had only used it for about 1 hour when the screen turned blue! I can just about make out menus and writing beneath the blue but cannot use it at all.

When you restart the unit it goes to the Garmin screen in normal black & white LCD then about 1/2 second later goes to this awful blue colour.

I have taken batteries out and waited etc. It has the latest Firmware (I checked luckily before it went blue!)

Please please can anybody help as I would like to start Geocaching over the Christmas break. (was actually in the middle of my first one when the unit went blue!).

My estimation is that the unit will need to be returned - but of course can not speak to Garmin UK until after New Year.

Merry Christmas one and all.

Jubilee 5

Sounds like the contrast is cranked all the way up. Try adjusting it.

Thanks Guys

I am just about able to see what the contrast level is and it does not matter where the slider is but the blue screen does not go away. It is as if the LCD has a fault (which is what I suspect).

The unit was working normally during my first geocache hunt but then changed to the blue screen effect!

I will try on-line tech advice as suggested.