My 60csx backlight keeps resetting

hunt893

Just got a new 60csx and everytime I turn it on the display backlight is reset to 0%, I'm not talking about the delay the backlight stays on while the unit is on.

Does anyone know how to set the backlight to stay at the 100% level without resetting it everytime I turn it off.

Thanks

This is an INCREDIBLY annoying feature! See my post about my Venture CX backlight. hunt, does your 60csx screen appear pretty dim without the backlight, even when you're in fairly good daylight? I find that I have to turn my backlight on my Venture CX at LEAST 30% in order for the screen to be comfortably readable. Do I have a busted unit, or is that your experience as well?

--Dave

Just got a new 60csx and everytime I turn it on the display backlight is reset to 0%, I'm not talking about the delay the backlight stays on while the unit is on.

Does anyone know how to set the backlight to stay at the 100% level without resetting it everytime I turn it off.

Thanks

When you go into the display set up...select always on and then the level you want it set to, say 50%. Now when you turn the unit off it will reset to 0%, but if you press your power button briefly it will return to your original setting of 50% and remain on.

El Diablo

After switch on, one brief press of the on/off to get your intermediate setting (whatever you set it to last time it was used), and one further brief press to get 100%.

I guess if you set your intermediate level to 95%, you would only need one press of the on/off after switch on.

This is an INCREDIBLY annoying feature! See my post about my Venture CX backlight. hunt, does your 60csx screen appear pretty dim without the backlight, even when you're in fairly good daylight? I find that I have to turn my backlight on my Venture CX at LEAST 30% in order for the screen to be comfortably readable. Do I have a busted unit, or is that your experience as well?

--Dave

Could your contrast be set to low? I haven't used a Venture CX, but I imagine there is a contrast setting, and you might have accidently adjusted it to a low level.

That's what I thought too, but the CX isn't like the basic yellow etrex--there's no contrast/brightness setting other than the backlight level (at least, none mentioned in the manual, and none I've found in poking around every menu.)

But that is in fact what it looks like--it looks the same as if I had contrast settings turned way up or something like that. There's not enough brightness or contrast to make the items on the screen easily stand out from the screen background under normal conditions. Very frustrating! I just wish I knew whether this is normal, or whether I have a broken unit. I'd call Garmin, but that'll be Tuesday at earliest due to the holiday ;)

Right...what I meant to say is, I know the contrast is fixed, but I wish I knew whether the dimness in regular light on my unit is normal, or whether the dimness is a failure of some kind. I'm guessing it's normal, but I'd just like to know if anyone else has any problems viewing their CX screens in regular light without the backlight enabled.