Mapcreate won't open data files.

Airmapper

I've been having a problem with MapCreate.

I completed the modification, which most of you probably know about, that lets me open MapCreate without a CD being in the drive. I'm not sure it's the cause, but since then I haven't been able to open data files. I've tried it with the LEI reader, and different cards, but no matter the configuration, or source, it will not open a data file, and spits a "MapCreate has encountered a problem" message at me.

I tried to repair MapCreate using setup, but that didn't produce any results either.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Additional info:

Software: MapCreate Version 6.3 Topo

I completed the modification, which most of you probably know about, that lets me open MapCreate without a CD being in the drive. I'm not sure it's the cause, but since then I haven't been able to open data files. I've tried it with the LEI reader, and different cards, but no matter the configuration, or source, it will not open a data file, and spits a "MapCreate has encountered a problem" message at me.

I tried to repair MapCreate using setup, but that didn't produce any results either.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Additional info:

I've recently encountered this problem also. Worked fine with the "modification" for several months now. Tried repairing the MapCreate installation but still can't open .usr files.

Anyone else with this issue?

Guess my next step is to completely uninstall MapCreate 6.3.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Additional info:

I've got the same OS and MapCreate version you have and have had the modification on mine for the better part of a year now, and I guess I should cross my fingers, but so far it's working fine. It sounds like something got corrupted. I think I would do a reinstall.

To update my end the computer that my problem happened on is sitting in a heap of non working electronics I keep for spare parts. Completely unrelated, but at least that problem is solved.

I hope someone can find out a solution for svwayne's sake. I don't even have MapCreate on the computer I use now. I have an old Windows 98 machine I can hook up if I really need it to load maps.

To update my end the computer that my problem happened on is sitting in a heap of non working electronics I keep for spare parts. Completely unrelated, but at least that problem is solved.

I hope someone can find out a solution for svwayne's sake. I don't even have MapCreate on the computer I use now. I have an old Windows 98 machine I can hook up if I really need it to load maps.

Uninstall/reinstall didn't fix the problem. Guess it is tiime to call Lowrance. I agree that it sounds like smething is corrupted. Problem is that when you uninstall MapCreate all of the registry entries and DLLs remain intact and reinstalling MapCreate does not overwrite these files/entries.

Fixed !!

- Unistalled MapCreate 6.3 TOPO

- Uninstalled Alcohol 120%

- Deleted any remaining files in the LEI directory (this is the default installation directory for MapCreate)

- Reinstall MapCreate 6.3 TOPO

- Reinstall Alcohol 52%

I think the error was due to a couple of *.dat files that were left, after the uninstall, in the LEI directory.