WAP

thedeadpirate

In order to search by coordinates through the WAP interface (wap.geocaching.com) you have to enter the coordinates in DDD.DDDD format. It would seem easier if you were able to enter the coordinates in DD MM.MMM format since that is how they are listed on cache pages and many of us have our gps set up to show the coordinats.

Many times I want to find caches close to another cache or close to where I currently am, but I have to convert the coordinates each time.

There is probably a reason for doing it the way it is now, but I was wondering if it would be possible to add DD MM.MMM as a way we can enter the coordinates?

There is probably a reason for doing it the way it is now, but I was wondering if it would be possible to add DD MM.MMM as a way we can enter the coordinates?

You can enter them in DDD°MM.mmm. Just type 'em in. Degrees, space, minutes.

You don't say which WAP site you're using. You should be on wap.geocaching.com.

Jamie

I spoke too soon. When I put in some random numbers the first time, it worked. However, I can't seem to get it to work with local coords. Maybe I am just not doing something right.

For instance, I tried to look for something around a friend's archived cache (GCNDJJ). I put in:

b15f67a7-bd1c-4a95-8db4-aa7eb4a29b55.jpg and I get e39aec09-3bb7-4d50-8854-ba4eacb88968.jpg

These coords seem to point to some uninhabited place around china??? Nearest cache to those coords is 149 miles away... I'm guessing (anyone want to verify) that the default query won't return anything further than either 50 or 100 miles... http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.asp...;submit8=Search

Perhaps you mean:

30 50.035

-083 58.416 (note the negative notation)

That would put it in Georgia... Near where you live perhaps??

Edited by Potato Finder