WAP error can anyone help?

rogueleader1977

I posted this several months ago and only one person responded (and that was a 'me too' post). Starting some time over the summer I can longer view members only caches over WAP. I could before, once I was logged in. But now even after I log in it says "You Must Be Logged In and A Premium Member to View This Cache". I am a premium meber and I use WAP frequently. I hate being out in the middle of the woods, dialing up WAP, and getting this message. Does anyone have info on this error? BTW I am using an LG 8100 on Verizon Wireless. Thanks!

I posted this several months ago and only one person responded (and that was a 'me too' post). Starting some time over the summer I can longer view members only caches over WAP. I could before, once I was logged in. But now even after I log in it says "You Must Be Logged In and A Premium Member to View This Cache". I am a premium meber and I use WAP frequently. I hate being out in the middle of the woods, dialing up WAP, and getting this message. Does anyone have info on this error? BTW I am using an LG 8100 on Verizon Wireless. Thanks!

Works for me...

There are a couple things I can think of...

1-Are you using

http://wap.geocaching.com (new site)

or

http://www.geocaching.com/wap (old site)

Should be using the first.

2-Do you have cookies disabled on your phone?? (I'm assuming but not 100% sure that the wap site uses cookies to track who is logged in, could someone verify this?? I guess I could go look...).

What should be a simple way to test this is, when you get to the main menu, for the first line are you seeing:

Welcome, Potato Finder! (well it would be your name, not mine)

or

Select one:

If your getting the 2nd line, then the web site isn't recognizing that your logged in (possibly a cookie problem).

But if your getting the 1st line, then this would bear more research...