Do you drop your mileage bug into caches you hide?

RDLSTVD

OK so like many of you I have a mileage tracking travel bug. I always drop my bug into caches that I find, but I also hide quite a few caches. I have never dropped my mileage bug into caches but I am thinking of starting to do that. Do you think this practice is ok? After all I am traveling the mileage for the Geocaching hobbie......

I log every bug I take along with me through every cache regardless of who owns it or if I've been there before. Especially my Personal TB. (Not DNFs however)

Go for it.

I agree. I log my personal TB into and out of my own cache when I go for maintenance runs. It keeps my mileage pure. I only do this for my personal bug. And it helps when I come back from a vacation or far away caching adventure to log back through my own cache close to home for mileage. Now, this is not "virtual" dropping, which is much like a TB that never visits a cache. My TB's actually visit the cache site with me in my caching bag.

Also, when I activate a new travel bug, I start it from one of my own caches, closest to home. That way, it gives it the best mileage from close to the place it was created, then out to the world for adventures.

My TB's actually visit the cache site with me in my caching bag.

I hear what you are saying. You have to have been there.

The tricky part about tracking mileage is I'll drive 35 miles to work, cache over lunch, drive home. The next day I'll drive back and find the next nearest cache. My bug will only show that it moved .5 miles, but hey that's the way it works! :)

Mileage is fun but I like tracking the caches more.

My TB's actually visit the cache site with me in my caching bag.

I hear what you are saying. You have to have been there.

The tricky part about tracking mileage is I'll drive 35 miles to work, cache over lunch, drive home. The next day I'll drive back and find the next nearest cache. My bug will only show that it moved .5 miles, but hey that's the way it works! :laughing:

Mileage is fun but I like tracking the caches more.

Oh yes, the fast caching or short trips, I never really log the TB into and out of a cache. I really only do it for the long hauls, like this week with Thanksgiving and going out of state to cache then in a week or so, either doing a maintenance run on one of our own TB Hotels, or the next local cache we come to. I don't do it regularly, that doesn't seem practical. Caching is far more funner........... is funner a word?