Cute Kid Caching Stories

Ok I just read the thread about the youngest cachers. And it got me thinking what cute, or funny things have kids said or done while caching. I dont have any kids of my own but I have cached with my 9 year old brother. It was his first day and were on cache #2 of the day when he yells out Hey theres a box in here. (here being a hollw stump) Aparently the first find wasnt a big enough clue that we were looking for hidden boxes. :blink::o

First of all, let it be known that my nine year old daughter Maggie HATESgeocaching. She is an indoor girl from the word "go." That being said, a couple of times a cache has popped up in the morning when she just so happened to want to go to the park or something. I'll negotiate with her and say, "sure, I'll take you to the park, but we have to make a little stop along the way first..." She knows what that means but she also realizes that her driver's license is years away so she relents and goes caching.

One particular cache sticks out in my memory. Not that I am an FTF hound but I thought it would be neat to snag the prize which from this hider is usually a $10 gift card. After dragging my daughter through thick briars for well over an hour she sighed the biggest, whiniest sigh and said, "All of this for a gift card? Why don't I just GIVE you ten dollars!?!?" :blink: