WTB Garmin Etrex Legend C

pmac3522

I am trying to get back into the gps game, and would like to buy a garmin etrex legend c.

I used to own a b/w legend and liked it so I would like to try the color one out. I have a usb cable that will work and most of the software that I need, so all I really want is the unit itself, although I won't turn down offers that include extras.

I am trying to get back into the gps game, and would like to buy a garmin etrex legend c.

I used to own a b/w legend and liked it so I would like to try the color one out. I have a usb cable that will work and most of the software that I need, so all I really want is the unit itself, although I won't turn down offers that include extras.

Actually ... I'd suggest looking for the Vista C (picks up the electronic compass function which comes in handy). Shouldn't run you much more.

I just sold my Vista C. I have a Vista Cx and a GPSMAP 60Csx. Haven't decided if I'm going to sell the Cx yet or keep it as a backup unit.

actually I like to use a regular compass, set in my ways I guess.

For "compass" type caches, I agree. Nothing better than a good field compass for bearing, etc. provided the directions are given in "magnetic" and not "true" (lest I have to remember which direction the offset and how much for my location).

What I like about the electronic compass is not having to do the "satellite shuffle" (having to move several feet in a given direction so the GPS knows which way you're facing) so that the arrow will point toward where it thinks GZ is located. I've turned myself around many times trying to zero in on a cache and ended up following an arrow that just hadn't corrected for my change in direction yet.