How to get steering arrow on iWay 100m?

nojive

So my brother bought a 100m, we took it geocaching today. Seems to perform as good as my Map and Music, with one exception. When I go to customize the map screen, and check "Steering Arrow", all I get is a blank box where the arrow should be. Is there something we're missing here? I have did a reset, but still get no arrow. Any help will be appreciated.

Jive

Anyone have any ideas? I guess the arrow isn't needed, but it's odd that you can select it to be shown, yet it doesn't.

Jive

So my brother bought a 100m, we took it geocaching today. Seems to perform as good as my Map and Music, with one exception. When I go to customize the map screen, and check "Steering Arrow", all I get is a blank box where the arrow should be. Is there something we're missing here? I have did a reset, but still get no arrow. Any help will be appreciated.

Jive

I think I heard something about it not having a conventional arrow. Try showing a direction arrow on the map page, and following it to the cache.

I use the map page mostly when hunting caches, I just display the arrow, and the distance reads next to it. (On most i-Finders, not sure about i-Way.)

I think you are right. It is odd how they left the option to turn it on in the firmware. I guess it is a minor thing though.

Jive

I think the steer arrow was lost on the Iway 100M when auto-routing was added.

I cant get one to come up on mine either. I turn to line up the little dotted line to the way point kind of like how the steer arrow works.