Issues with GPSMAP60cx power button

ve6dave

:mad: I was wondering if anyone else is having an issue with the power button on their 60cx? The problem that I have encountered is that the button is periodically giving me problems either turning on or off the unit and toggling the backlight. The unit is great and has been working well up to this point, but now I am having problems just turning on and off the unit. I have emailed Garmin Support and I'm awaiting their reply.

I am not sure what your specific problem is, but I have noticed that you have to hold down the power button longer to turn it on or off then you did with the 60c.

If you leave your GPS in a spot that gets hot you will find that the button becomes soft and is very difficult to make function until it cools off again. If you do this you may also damage your unit. I know this from personal experience and will be sending in my 60CS for repairs soon.

:mad:

I have the same problem, and have it with my car remote control. What is happening is this. Under the rubber boot is a little contact, which you push down onto a printed circuit board to turnn it on or off. Sometimes, the little contact moves a little sideway. With mine, i just have to push in on and off at a bit of an angle. I could probably return it, but once used to the angle to push it on or off, it works for me 100%. Stops my kids turning it on though, so I havent bothered sending it back.

Originally, I had to remove the battery to turn it off. The a similar thing happened to my car key, and the service guy explained how it works, and pushed the rubber on / off boot around, relocating the contact underneath to the correct position. Same deal on the GPS.

:D I was wondering if anyone else is having an issue with the power button on their 60cx? The problem that I have encountered is that the button is periodically giving me problems either turning on or off the unit and toggling the backlight. The unit is great and has been working well up to this point, but now I am having problems just turning on and off the unit. I have emailed Garmin Support and I'm awaiting their reply.

I had the same problem. When the REI salesman couldn't get it to turn on, he gave me new unit no questions. Luckily I had no unlocked maps, yet. I guess unlocked maps complicate returns greatly.