ETrex - how to download?

liberrygrrl

Go here for the different software programs available Geocaching software

Also it will be a great help to you if you become a Premium Member. This will allow you to run Pocket Queries.

El Diablo

Thanks for your help! Do you have a preference for software? How are pocket queries better? I just signed up for the premium membership.

I use easyGPS (free) and you use this to open the .loc files you download from gc.com. Then you use easyGPS to send the info to your Etrex. need to do some setup in easyGPS for your etrex.

I like to create bookmarks of caches so I can get them all in one location then check the box for all them to download the .loc file.

Go here for the different software programs available Geocaching software

Also it will be a great help to you if you become a Premium Member. This will allow you to run Pocket Queries.

El Diablo

Thanks for your help! Do you have a preference for software? How are pocket queries better? I just signed up for the premium membership.

I use easyGPS (free) and you use this to open the .loc files you download from gc.com. Then you use easyGPS to send the info to your Etrex. need to do some setup in easyGPS for your etrex.

I like to create bookmarks of caches so I can get them all in one location then check the box for all them to download the .loc file.

I like the GASK program, though it takes a little learning. EasyGPS might be one to start with.

As to PQ's...they will allow you to keep up to date on all new caches in your area. They also allow you to filter out the cache types that you're not interested in doing. Now that you are a member go to "My account" page and you will see everything you are now entitled to.

El Diablo

I have a Garmin yellow Etrex which we mostly use to run on the laptop and my wife carries it caching. I DL caches to th eEtrex using EasyGPS because it really is easy. They just can't get much simplier than EasyGPS. I also use EasyGPS Companion to combine all the WPs into one file.

I sometimes have trouble DL the Etrex with the newer version of EasyGPS and have to revert back to the original version. But sometimes the new version DLs fine. Haven't figured out the problem yet. The new version never fails to work with my 12MAP.