Sub-metre DGPS units for surveying - Any Suggestions?

Joebric

Hello,

My employer is looking to buy a sub-metre accuracy GPS unit for surveying. We need it to bluetooth to our existing Fujitsu pentablets running pentabletXP windows and provide live data into our Arcview 9.1 GIS. Can anyone point me in the right direction for units to test?

We have tested a trimble sub-meter receiver with geobeacon (over £5000) but the fujitsu pentablets and GPS receiver were unable to detect each other via bluetooth. According to Trimble they are incompatable??

Any suggestions or info is much appreciated, many thanks

Joe

I work with Trimble GPS units, and the some of the Pathfinder sub-meter units are Bluetooth compatible. We use ArcPad on a Fujitzu pen computer currently and use Arc9 GIS. My GPS manager knows all about the Bluetooth technology and uses it on a regular basis. Your local Trimble authorized dealer should be able to steer you in the right direction, and I must say Trimble is the way to go. If you want, contact me thru my account and I can get more specific info to you. I think the price is closer to $8K.