City Nav & Topos on 1GB card?

wetexit

I just purchased my Garmin 76CSx and want to know if I can load a set of maps from both City Nav v.8 and MapSource Topos to it. For example, I want to drive to someplace with City Nav and then hike using topos. Every time I load City Nav maps, they overwrite the topos. Am I missing something? Thanks for helping a newbie! :rolleyes:

When you are in mapsources you need to select the City Select/City Navigator segments and the topo segments before you upload, otherwise one mapset will erase the other when you upload. There is a limit on how many segments can be uploaded to your GPS. It is 2,000 and something. I am afraid I don't remember exactly how many, but it becomes an issue if you are trying to load all of the country.

I asked a very simular question last night. The above instrcutions are perfect. You have to everything at the same time on Mapsource as anything that is already on the card is replaced when you upload new maps.

I also have a 1 gb card and was able to load 38 TOPO map segements and all of CN V8 except Alaska and Nanavut. So basically all of USA and Canada. It took about 1.5 hours total to upload and was about 975mb.

So you can definetly get exactly what you want on a 1GB card.