Garmin NUVI 350 with hidden, undeletable JPG files

Team Royal

Has anyone experienced this?

I have a Garmin NUVI 350. I've only had the unit about 5 weeks. I loaded about 15 rather large JPG pictures into its internal memory. After seeing my mistake of the rather large file size, I attempted to delete them. The actual file "appeared" to be gone, but, after disconnecting from the PC, the pictures are still there. When I reconnect to the PC to look for the files, they are not visible. I have 'view hidden files' turned on, I have searched the NUVI for the files, I have even tried to load the same files again, and was able to view all 30 (the 15 original unseen files and the 15 new duplicate files). I was able to delete the new files and return to only having the first 15 unseen files that are still unseen (file name) but the pictures still show on the NUVI.

I have gone through everything possible with Garmin International (USA)... including them looking through my computer and NUVI remotely. They have never seen this problem before, and are unable to resolve it. The final descission is for me to return the NUVI for a warranty exchange.

Does anyone have any suggestions before I do this?