PQ Request Locks up Internet

Skyhawk9SP

I have had a problem for several months. When I request a new PQ or try to update one I see an indicator that my request is waiting for geocaching.com. After a couple of minutes I see a "done" indication and my internet freezes there. My email will work but I can't make any other request such as going to my home page until I unplug and reset my WiFi router. After the reset everything except my Pocket Queries works fine. I have shut off the WiFi (Unplugged it), connected directly to my cable box and I still have the same problem. The only way I can make a change or submit a new query is to use my Treo 700p which works kinda as a dial up or use a friends computer. This is driving me up a wall and I wonder if anyone would have a suggestion to fix this.

BTW, I use a Notebook and a Desktop with Windows XP Home Edition and I have disabled ALL (I think)my virus checkers and firewalls on both computers. I also have trouble uploading pictures to the geocaching site like one of a Jeep challenge. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Skyhawk9SP

I have had a problem for several months. When I request a new PQ or try to update one I see an indicator that my request is waiting for geocaching.com. After a couple of minutes I see a "done" indication and my internet freezes there. My email will work but I can't make any other request such as going to my home page until I unplug and reset my WiFi router. After the reset everything except my Pocket Queries works fine. I have shut off the WiFi (Unplugged it), connected directly to my cable box and I still have the same problem. The only way I can make a change or submit a new query is to use my Treo 700p which works kinda as a dial up or use a friends computer. This is driving me up a wall and I wonder if anyone would have a suggestion to fix this.

BTW, I use a Notebook and a Desktop with Windows XP Home Edition and I have disabled ALL (I think)my virus checkers and firewalls on both computers. I also have trouble uploading pictures to the geocaching site like one of a Jeep challenge. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Skyhawk9SP

I didn't receive a response to my original problem so it must be that nobody else experienced my situation. It was becoming very irritating but I continued to work the problem. FYI, here is what I had to do to correct my problem.,

I reset my Belkin WiFi router and them went into the configuration and eventually reset everything to the factory default. I then reconfigured it with new security etc and reconnected. I now have it working. I still don't know the specific problem as I had not originally changed anything from factory.

My request to Groundspeak indicated they didn't have suggestions for me so maybe this will give them something for their data base.

Thanks,

Skyhawk9SP

I didn't receive a response to my original problem so it must be that nobody else experienced my situation. It was becoming very irritating but I continued to work the problem. FYI, here is what I had to do to correct my problem.,

I reset my Belkin WiFi router and them went into the configuration and eventually reset everything to the factory default. I then reconfigured it with new security etc and reconnected. I now have it working. I still don't know the specific problem as I had not originally changed anything from factory.

My request to Groundspeak indicated they didn't have suggestions for me so maybe this will give them something for their data base.

What is locking up is Internet Explorer, not the 'internet'. Since your email client works, your router isn't the problem. Simply quit IE, using Task Manager to do it if necessary, (End Now), and reload IE. A better solution would be to get rid of IE altogether, and use Firefox as a browser. It works much better for me.

Thanks,

Skyhawk9SP

What is locking up is Internet Explorer, not the 'internet'. Since your email client works, your router isn't the problem. Simply quit IE, using Task Manager to do it if necessary, (End Now), and reload IE. A better solution would be to get rid of IE altogether, and use Firefox as a browser. It works much better for me.

Nope.. it was the router without a doubt...I have been troubleshooting this for several months. I have used Internet Explorer including the recent update, Firefox, changed my configuration in Windows XP, Internet Explorer, Firefox etc. I also disabled all virus checkers, firewalls individually installed and through windows. Thanks for the thought.