Category Proposal - Undergound Railroad sites

Hello to all,

I am brand new to all of this but would be very interested in managing an Undergound Railroad site catagory. There are thousands of sites in the U.S and Canada that should have their locations recorded and available in their own catagory.

Anyone interested, please help me get this catagory established.

Thanks!

Hello to all,

I am brand new to all of this but would be very interested in managing an Undergound Railroad site catagory. There are thousands of sites in the U.S and Canada that should have their locations recorded and available in their own catagory.

Anyone interested, please help me get this catagory established.

Thanks!

Great category idea!

Be aware that not all sites bear any identification as such. I was on the staff at a historic church in Boston, for instance, that was part of this network, and saw the actual underground parts that were used, but I'm sure this is not on any public list. So, you'll need some sort of way to accomodate these, I think. I'm not sure what would be good variables for this category, but a little research should pay off.

Ready and willing to help on this one!

It seems to me that there is no one site to find a list of sites. The Ohio Historical Society lists 3 of its properties as being UGRR sites and none of them are on the National Park Service site.

It is my hope that by listing both sites with markers and those with out, it might stimulate research into those with out and more UGRR sites will get the markers and recognition they deserve.