Need help deciding on a second gps unit...

chirprc

This is my first post to this forum (or any forum for that matter), so please bear with me...

I am requesting assistance in deciding what king of GPS unit to get for a second one. I have a GPSMAP 76 and have too many issues with it while geocaching...I am sure it is fine for other things. I don't want to spend a lot because I have a two year old in the house and would hate for him to get it and accidentally break something that is very expensive....I would be using this mostly for geocaching. I have it narrowed down to the Magellan 210, the Magellan 300 and the Garmin eTrex legend (I've read lots of negative reviews on this). Can anyone help me please? I need to buy it this week as I get a special discount, but will end up paying within $20 the same general price for all of them!

I don't know what's wrong with my 76...I don't know that anything is wrong with it. I just know that when I am out and about, I get all turned around in the menus and can't find what I am looking for. I suppose I could actually read the manual, but I used an eTrex legend side by side with this one and was able to get it to do exactly what I wanted it to and I had never even picked the legend up before....

I use a Magellan Explorist 210 and it works great under heavy tree cover if you have any of that where you live. It also is very easy to use and has a great Geocaching database screen. I've been very happy with mine. I've known others that use Lowrance ifinders and they like them a lot also. The Legend is very simple to use (used one for a while) but is tends to lose satellite locks under tree cover.