Magellan Topo Trail files

linxdev

I am looking for a site that will allow me to download track files of trails in the Great Smokey Mountains for use in Topo and eXplorist 210. The software can show trails but apparently when I drill down in the GSM all I see are POI's of a point on the trail. I don't actaully see the trail on the map. One idea I have is that I can sue the track feature of the 210 to create a track when I walk the trails and upload them to the software. I'm hoping that for some of the trails someone has done this. any ideas?

Not sure if they have exactly what you are looking for, but I highly recommend both National Geographic mapXchange and lacalhikes.com for some great, downloadable trails. They are in National Geographic Topo! (.tpo) format, but can be exported from NG Topo! for use with your eXplorist. ;)

Hope that helps a little!

Thanks!!! I found gpsbable which runs in Linux to do the conversion. This is a good thing since I do run Linux. I have a Windows box I only use to run Topo and DirectRoute.