Some Stars are real dogs!

zuni moon

While hunting two micros in the same small urban park, I spotted a canine at the edge of a thicket about 10 yards from me. At first I thought she was a coyote! She took off to the thicket but appeared about 20 minutes later near the thicket walking near a man. This time I could hear the jingle of tags and saw her pink collar. I thought he was the owner. I had to give up the first cache as a DNF after a half hour of fruitless effort. :D While walking toward the second micro, she came up to me to make friends then trotted off a minute later. I found the second micro without too much trouble. :D While I was writing in the log, she came up to me again. I got her to sit and found a phone number to call and her name on one of the tags. "Star" and her owner were reunited minutes later. Happy Ending!

Went and found this cache today, "Eeny Meeny" and was walking back to my truck when I came down the hill and a full sized coyote (the size of a full grown German Shepard) walked out of the bush ten feet in front of me, and kept on walking. Honest story.

I used to ride a friend's leopard appy in the nearby Metroparks. Although dogs are allowed in the park, they must be leashed at all times. Some people let their dogs run loose. That never bothered the horse. One day, I looked across the road to see some idiot letting his shepard mix run loose. The dog lay down in the grass near the tree line. It was upwind of us til we moved further up the trail. Suddenly, Halston wanted to come unglued! I realized that was no dog and kept Halston moving up the trail and passed the scent. He knew the difference between coyote and dog! We had sometimes came across feral dogs on trail and he never batted an eye at them!

Edited by zuni moon