Explorist 210 rebate issue

mossyfern

I purchased an Explorist 210 from Amazon in May. Magellan was offering a $30.00 rebate on the purchase of a 200 or 210. I printed and filled out the rebate form, clipped the UPC (if I'm not mistaken, it had "proof of purchase" printed below the code numbers), attached a full copy of my receipt/invoice from Amazon, and mailed it off. Earlier this week I got a card from Magellan saying the UPC I had sent wasn't valid for their promotion. I even matched to UPC numbers to one from those listed on the rebate form. I just don't get it, and intend to pursue this with Magellan, but wondered if anyone else has had a similar problem with this company. <_<

Edited by mossyfern

I have done two rebates with Magellan and whoever they farm out the processing to. The first rebate I did for my 400 took several months to get processed. When I complained to Magellan about the slow processing via e-mail, I got no response.

I bought a 210 from Amazon also. I sent in my rebate form, copy of the receipt, and the UPC code back in June. Like you, I made sure the UPC number matched one of those on the form. Last week I received my $30 check.

I hope you made photocopies of your receipt, UPC code, and rebate form. Making photocopies of everything is absolutely essential if you are going to submit a rebate. Situations like the OP's show why this is necessary, and you'll be glad you spent a minute and a few cents making copies if it means you will be getting your money. Having photocopies helped me get a $15 rebate after SanDisk declined one of my submissions.