Bookmarks with invalid waypoints.

Bisanabi

Made my first bookmark list tonight, and spent some tedious time adding waypoints from individual pages. Then I noticed the little box in the upper right hand corner of the bookmark listing page and started entering the desired waypoint codes. After I finished, I could not get the entire listing to display. Changing the number of items per page produced bizarre results. Eventually got the message: "You can not bookmark an unapproved listing." Well, duh! I must have fat-fingered one of the waypoints. However, I cannot see the bad waypoint to delete it. If I select next page to jump to the end, I get a server error about negative index numbers. Cannot even dump the entries to a .loc file to see which one I am missing, as I still get the error message about not being able to bookmark an unapproved listing.

The only thing available is to archive the entire bookmark listing and start anew. Jeremy, can you fix this? Display all waypoint slots so that bogus ones can be deleted. Or just don't allow bogus waypoints to be added to a listing in the first place? I can't believe I'm the only one to use this entry box and fat-finger an entry. Or was I just (un)lucky :D enough to accidentally choose a cache in limbo??

Made my first bookmark list tonight, and spent some tedious time adding waypoints from individual pages. Then I noticed the little box in the upper right hand corner of the bookmark listing page and started entering the desired waypoint codes. After I finished, I could not get the entire listing to display. Changing the number of items per page produced bizarre results. Eventually got the message: "You can not bookmark an unapproved listing." Well, duh! I must have fat-fingered one of the waypoints. However, I cannot see the bad waypoint to delete it. If I select next page to jump to the end, I get a server error about negative index numbers. Cannot even dump the entries to a .loc file to see which one I am missing, as I still get the error message about not being able to bookmark an unapproved listing.

The only thing available is to archive the entire bookmark listing and start anew. Jeremy, can you fix this? Display all waypoint slots so that bogus ones can be deleted. Or just don't allow bogus waypoints to be added to a listing in the first place? I can't believe I'm the only one to use this entry box and fat-finger an entry. Or was I just (un)lucky :ph34r: enough to accidentally choose a cache in limbo??

Nothing you can do a thing about :-(

There are currently two problems with bookmarks:

(see a lot of other forumtopics)

A ) The paging within the bookmarklists does not work correctly, i.e. you cant go to the next/previous page

B ) If you do anything on the bookmarkpage it tries to add the bookmark in the rightupper corner. Since that is default set to GCXXXX and that cache is unpublished you get the 'cannot add unpublished' error.

So deleting the list and rebuilding wil not help you.

Edited by Kalkendotters