new feature suggestion: tagging for pocket query generation

RedDerek

I was playing with the GoogleEarth and the Geocaching kml file. I would like to say this is a neat feature; especially since one can view the cache data by clicking through GoogleEarth. What I would like to suggest is a new feature that would allow one to generate a pocket query that contains only specific caches desired. The development would be as follows.

1. Log into one's account.

2. View cache information.

3. On the cache information page, have a check box near the top or bottom that the user can click to add to their "instant query"

4. The person can continue to look at caches and "tag" the desired cache pages. This data would be kept for a set period of days, say 7 maximum if not updated.

5. Once the desired caches have been tagged, the user can then go to a page that would generate the pocket query, like other PQs, and then email it off to the user.

I thought of this while playing with GoogleEarth and the Geocaching kml file for a trip I recently did. I looked over my route - different than the route generated by GoogleEarth - and looked at various caches along the way. I currently just downloaded the pdf of each of the caches. It would have been nice to be able to tag a set, then just download the PQ files - even if it was not emailed.

Speaking of which, is there a way one can just take a PQ and then just request a download of the PQ instead of having it emailed? You could set a limit on the number downloaded per day to limit people doing dozens at a time.

I was playing with the GoogleEarth and the Geocaching kml file. I would like to say this is a neat feature; especially since one can view the cache data by clicking through GoogleEarth. What I would like to suggest is a new feature that would allow one to generate a pocket query that contains only specific caches desired. The development would be as follows.

1. Log into one's account.

2. View cache information.

3. On the cache information page, have a check box near the top or bottom that the user can click to add to their "instant query"

4. The person can continue to look at caches and "tag" the desired cache pages. This data would be kept for a set period of days, say 7 maximum if not updated.

5. Once the desired caches have been tagged, the user can then go to a page that would generate the pocket query, like other PQs, and then email it off to the user.

I thought of this while playing with GoogleEarth and the Geocaching kml file for a trip I recently did. I looked over my route - different than the route generated by GoogleEarth - and looked at various caches along the way. I currently just downloaded the pdf of each of the caches. It would have been nice to be able to tag a set, then just download the PQ files - even if it was not emailed.

Speaking of which, is there a way one can just take a PQ and then just request a download of the PQ instead of having it emailed? You could set a limit on the number downloaded per day to limit people doing dozens at a time.

You can click the link on each cache in Google Earth that says Bookmark It which should open up the Add/Edit Bookmark page in you browse and add the cache to a bookmark list. You can then generate a pocket query from this list. The integration with Google Maps is even nicer. On the Geocaching.com Google Map page you can select a bookmark list or create a new one and then just click the little icon under the B to add each cache to the bookmarklist.