Any suggestions?

runnerfam

I confess. I lost a TB - quite unintentionally. I was on my way to place it in a cache and fell on an overgrown path. The bug must have jumped out of my pack, because it was nowhere to be found when I reached the cache. I looked in vain for it but gave up after an hour or so of searching. I emailed the owner several times advising him to disable it. No response. Now it lives on my account page, plaguing my already guilty conscience. I asked Groundspeak if they could disable it but they said only the owner could. What can I do?!?! :laughing:

I confess. I lost a TB - quite unintentionally. I was on my way to place it in a cache and fell on an overgrown path. The bug must have jumped out of my pack, because it was nowhere to be found when I reached the cache. I looked in vain for it but gave up after an hour or so of searching. I emailed the owner several times advising him to disable it. No response. Now it lives on my account page, plaguing my already guilty conscience. I asked Groundspeak if they could disable it but they said only the owner could. What can I do?!?! :laughing:

Here's what you need to do.

Post a note on your cache. Before you submit the note, in the lower left corner is your bug drop inventory, if you haven't already done so WRITE DOWN THE TRACKING NUMBER. Select the bug and post a note.

Go to the bug page and you will see an option to 'mark bug as missing'. Click Go. (Not 100% certain but you may need the tracking number. Probaby not, but it's always best to write down the tracking number of every bug you've found and keep it forever.)

You can delete your cache note and once the bug page updates you can delete the cache drop. It'll stay in an Unknown location and out of your account.

Edited by BlueDeuce

Here's what you need to do.

Post a note on your cache. Before you submit the note, in the lower left corner is your bug drop inventory, if you haven't already done so WRITE DOWN THE TRACKING NUMBER. Select the bug and post a note.

Go to the bug page and you will see an option to 'mark bug as missing'. Click Go. (Not 100% certain but you may need the tracking number. Probaby not, but it's always best to write down the tracking number of every bug you've found and keep it forever.)

You can delete your cache note and once the bug page updates you can delete the cache drop. It'll stay in an Unknown location and out of your account.

Thanks. I'll try this. <_<