First Cache!

Geo Jockey

Well, I finally got my 60CSX and figured out how the hell to use it...

I spent about 4 hours outside today (which is great, because had I not started this, I would have watched a lot of tv today) hunting for a few caches. I managed to find two and couldn't find the third...but dadgum did I have a great time doing it. I live about 2 minutes from a State Park .... a State Park that I have never gone hiking on, and thanks to geo caching I did hiked this amazing 3 mile trail.

I give it two thumbs up.

Welcome to our obsession!! I'm glad you had a good time. It won't be long you will be exploring places you never knew exsisted and meeting people that you never would have if not for this game.

I wish you many more caches. Also don't worry about the DNF. It happens to everyone all the time.

El Diablo

How very cool! I remember my very first find...a hide-a-key outside of a historic adobe house a few miles from my home. It took me and my sister (1bigdodgerfan) about fifteen minutes to find it, but when we did WE WERE FREAKIN' HOOKED! We looked at each other in sheer disbelief that this thing was hidden here...in this place...for HOW long? And if this thing is here...how many more things are hidden nearby that we don't yet know about? Everywhere we went for the next few weeks we wondered, "Is there a cache there?" or "Why isn't there a cache there?"

As you have already discovered, the wonderful thing about this wacky game is that it gets us off of our backsides and makes us visit places we would never otherwise DREAM of going.

Welcome! :unsure: