I am leaving in the morning.. Quick help?!

briderx

I am wondering, is there a way (as a group of 450+) to mark them so by looking at my GPS if a cache is a Traditional, Micro, etc? Like, is there a program that puts new symbols on your GPS that'll let you know which type of cache you're going for? I own a Garmin Vista CX and saw there are like 20 customizable symbols on there.. Also, I'm a premium member, if that helps..

Hope this is clear enough..

Responses ASAP please.. Have to go to bed soon! :D Thanks!

2 ways once you've downloaded your PQ into GSAK:

In GPS | Send Waypoints, you can adjust the icon for different types of cache.

You can also set the waypoint name and description to include extra information with smart tags (like adding in %typ1 for the type and %con1 for the container size). You can also do this kind of stuff if you're exporting to a file (e.g. GPX).

Although if you don't have GSAK and know how to use it already, you probably don't have time before you leave.

If you go to: http://www.garmin.com/support/collection.j...ct=010-00439-00 and download the xImage program under Additional software, you can download images from your computer onto your GPS to use for waypoints. Although the images have to be compatible, I'm sure you can find compatible images for what you are trying to do. I had the same idea but just haven't got around to trying it yet.