Lowrance Navigation Question

ic3scrap3r

I have a Lowrance iFinder Map & Music. Generally when I select a Waypoint, then the Go To function, It comes up with a small diretional arrow and distance in the lower right hand corner of the map for navigation.

Sometimes after I've selected a Waypoint and the Go To fucntion, this does not show up at all. I have no directional arrow and no distance, just the main map with my present location Icon and the Waypoint Icon.

This typically happens after I have arrived at one cache then selected Cancel Navigation. To turn of the trailing function while moving to the next "jumping Off" point.

Am I doing something wrong here, or is there a key sequence to turn the small directional and distance window back on?

Edited by ic3scrap3r

On the Map Page hit Menu -> Customize -> scroll down to Dest. Arrow, and make sure it is marked with a check.

Thanks! I was wondering where this setting would be located in the "ultra-intuitive" Lowrance menu!

I have to admit that although I think the features and functions of my Lowrance iFinder are really nice.....I hate the menus. They are just kind of all over the place and not very intuitive. Once you figure out where everything is though, I find it very easy to use.

I found that I didn't care so much for having the box take up extra mapping space, even though it is not that big. In the same menu that Airmapper referenced, you can change one of the four small boxes at the bottom to show the distance to the waypoint while navigating. It takes up less space, and also shows the distance out two decimal places instead of one.

I found that I didn't care so much for having the box take up extra mapping space, even though it is not that big. In the same menu that Airmapper referenced, you can change one of the four small boxes at the bottom to show the distance to the waypoint while navigating. It takes up less space, and also shows the distance out two decimal places instead of one.

If you only use 3 or less of the custom data fields at the bottom, the arrow/dist box will fall to the bottom row, and not take up as much map...

I have a Lowrance iFinder Map & Music. Generally when I select a Waypoint, then the Go To function, It comes up with a small diretional arrow and distance in the lower right hand corner of the map for navigation.

Sometimes after I've selected a Waypoint and the Go To fucntion, this does not show up at all. I have no directional arrow and no distance, just the main map with my present location Icon and the Waypoint Icon.

This typically happens after I have arrived at one cache then selected Cancel Navigation. To turn of the trailing function while moving to the next "jumping Off" point.

Am I doing something wrong here, or is there a key sequence to turn the small directional and distance window back on?

did you try the mp3 feature of the gps yet?

do you have to put the music on a seperate sd card?

I haven't tried the MP3 funcion out.

But no, according to the menus and manual it goes on the same SD card as any map data you're going to be using.

thanks, i havent tried it out yet either, still playing around with the M&M map version.

will you be checking out the mp3? too bad you have to use their adapter for the headphones.

Edited by senecaripple