City Navigator North America v8. on a 60c

snowpeke

I dont have version 8 but my version 6 was shown to have quite a few more POI"s than 7 or 8, Now how up to date these are is maybe a different story but it looks like version past 6 have less POI's not more.

Has any body tried this latest version on there 60c is the software the same as the 2004 version. I was

hoping the food and restauant guide would be better.

Edited by kb9nvh

I dont have version 8 but my version 6 was shown to have quite a few more POI"s than 7 or 8, Now how up to date these are is maybe a different story but it looks like version past 6 have less POI's not more.

Has any body tried this latest version on there 60c is the software the same as the 2004 version. I was

hoping the food and restauant guide would be better.

I have it on My 60CS. I have not had a chance to really put it through its paces, but I can tell you the following:

1. It has a lot of newer restaurants that were not on City Select V6. The area around Austin, TX is expreiencing rapid growth, and it is better than V6 for having some of that growth included.

2. The map segments are larger, but tolerable. I am sure there will be time when the city I am planning to go to is just over into the next segment, but that was the case with CS 6 as well. It is a little frustrating that the larger chunks give you less room to "play around" that is see what you can get rid of to gain new segments.

3. Most larger cities have their own chunks. If you are not going to that city, then it is very easy not to include it.