eXplorist 500 to a Mac? Help

ibri

contact magellan and tell them to pull their heads out of their.......... and start supporting macs. It might be just as fast as anything else and help the rest of us out also.

Or get a Garmin at the end of the year, they have announced support for macs then.

Sorry, but tough situation. Mac + GPS(mapping software) = bad luck.

P.S. - I use Apple for everything except GIS,GPS stuff. So I am not just being antiMAC on you. Good luck.

Thanks!

I am using bootcamp it works!

contact magellan and tell them to pull their heads out of their.......... and start supporting macs. It might be just as fast as anything else and help the rest of us out also.

Or get a Garmin at the end of the year, they have announced support for macs then.

Sorry, but tough situation. Mac + GPS(mapping software) = bad luck.

P.S. - I use Apple for everything except GIS,GPS stuff. So I am not just being antiMAC on you. Good luck.

I am trying desperately to sync my Mac with the 500. I cannot find any software to work and I do not have Virtual PC or an Intel mac. I am running Tiger so I am current. Its so frustrating. Some please help.

Thanks

I have been using my Mac and GPSBabel+ 1.3.0 with my Explorist 210 for awhile and have had no problems. The only drawback to GPSBabel+ is that it does on convert the .loc or .gpx file to the "Geocaching" file format like the Magellan Geocaching Manager does.

I get around this by editing the .upt file created by GPSBabel+ into the "Geocaching" file format and saving the file as a .gs file and then coping this to my GPS unit that is mounted on the desktop.

I know this is an extra step but I don't mind the technical stuff.

Let me know if you would like to try this, I will be happy to help you. I myself love Macs and have since the "Fat Mac" was released.

Blair