Mapsource

Scrappydog

Certainly any map will help with caching, or any other use of the GPS.

I have both the Mapsource City Guide, which is great around town, as it gives every street, along with most every business. The Business information is great when traveling, as you can search for a business by name, closest, etc, and when you find it, it gives you the name, address, phone number etc.

I also have the U.S. TOPO map, which is great when off-road, as it gives you more detailed information about dirt road, trails, streams etc.

They're not cheap at around $100 each, but once you need to find the nearest Chevron station when lost in L.A., you'll wonder how you ever got along without one.

I have the same GPS as you and could cache okay with the provided base map... but I opted to up grade to the city guide - it was like a whole new world! I personally think it's totally worth it if you've got the $$ and patience to deal with installing it - unlock codes were not my friend! Remember to open the package all the way, not just enough to get the CD out - or you won't be able to find the unlock code sheet - annoying. Sheesh.

Anyway, I picked up the topo software too, but have yet to install it; I haven't really needed it because I haven't been caching in a lot of off-road areas.... though there were a few times it would've come in handy... I've got to do that soon....

MetroGuide (about $85) is more affordable, but does not offer auto-routing.

City Navigator (about $115) offers auto-routing and, once you use it, you won't know how you drove without it. City Select is being replaced by C-N; if you see it on sale, it'll be worth getting. Problem is you won't be able to upgrade at the upgrade discount.