JEEP EVENT! No Southern Clifornia Jeeps

biggps

Well, I got me a jeep. I mean a travel bug jeep for the 2006 Jeep 4x4 Geocaching Challenge. It was sent to me to hide. I am working on a cool place and way to hide it. Meanwhile, where are all the others? Am I the only one around here her requested one to hide? There was one...http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=941e9e30-589b-4dc5-a09f-0e6856b91f7b but it keeps getting muggled. So. How do I participate too? Let me know if you guys have any to hide!

Edited by biggps

I've seen a few jeeps show up in local caches. They don't last very long. I hid mine in this cache. It hadn't been found in nearly 3 years. I put the Jeep in it and, boom, the next day it gets visited <_<. Hopefully, people who got Jeeps will hide them in caches, and people who find the jeeps will move them to other caches. Unfortunately, there are always some people who think these are for collecting and ruin the experience for the rest of us.

P.S. feel free to PM me when you drop off the Jeep before you list it on line :unsure:

Yeah! No kidding! I have not seen a 2006 Jeep TB (GJTB?) within .... at least 2000 miles! Sheesh!

Oh, wait a minute. DOH! Nevermind, since there may be a valid reason for this "coincidence" .... :anicute:

Hey, just pointing out the bright side - at least you've got one in your paws and have seen one show up in a cache. I'd piss myself just to see the icon on a nearby cache. :unsure:

Well, I will try one of the ones listed here. It annoys me to hear that people take them or don't re-hide them. I really want to be apart of this. I will not hide mine until I find someone else's. I also want to find a really neat spot for it. The people that hid them will get the first coordinates from me when I hide mine, before I list it. If I find yours, you will be the first to get my coords. :ph34r:

Well, I will try one of the ones listed here. It annoys me to hear that people take them or don't re-hide them. I really want to be apart of this. I will not hide mine until I find someone else's. I also want to find a really neat spot for it. The people that hid them will get the first coordinates from me when I hide mine, before I list it. If I find yours, you will be the first to get my coords. :D

:lol::ph34r:

Good thing all the People that got the GJTBs don't feel that way or there will never be even one out in the wild.

My wife got one of the GJTB's mailed to her and we had hoped to place it in a puzzle cache near us, but we still haven't had the time to solve it ourselves. I seem to recall seeing something about not holding it for more than 2 weeks in the paperwork that was sent with it, and since we were nearing that limit, we chose to place it in a multi-stage near home. We dropped it in the cache on a Sunday afternoon, and she updated the log on Monday to show it dropped there. Someone went out at 10:00 that Monday night to get it. They don't stay in caches for very long...