S D Card reader / writer

santas55

You can actually format the card in your receiver. If you are using the most recent firmware (v 4.2.02), press the Menu button. Choose Adv Features. Choose Card Utilities. Then choose Format Card. There is also a Test Card menu choice. You might want to run that first to see what happens. Edit: Or maybe not. I just tried it on my eX400 w/512MB SD card, and it said it would take almost 9 hours to test.

If none of the on-receiver card utilities work, you could try connecting the eXplorist to your PC with the cable. Make sure it is in SD Transfer mode. Find out what drive letter is assigned to the GPSr, then format it that way. Be careful if you try it this way; you could accidentally format the wrong drive and mess up your PC.

You could also go to any electronics store (maybe even a Wal-Mart or Target) and pick up an SD card reader.

Edited by geognerd

You can actually format the card in your receiver. If you are using the most recent firmware (v 4.2.02), press the Menu button. Choose Adv Features. Choose Card Utilities. Then choose Format Card. There is also a Test Card menu choice. You might want to run that first to see what happens.

If none of the on-receiver card utilities work, you could try connecting the eXplorist to your PC with the cable. Make sure it is in SD Transfer mode. Find out what drive letter is assigned to the GPSr, then format it that way. Be careful if you try it this way; you could accidentally format the wrong drive and mess up your PC.

You could also go to any electronics store (maybe even a Wal-Mart or Target) and pick up an SD card reader.

The Magellan Tech support guy told me not to do it with the gps as It might screw things up. I guess I will be off to Radio Shack tomorrow. Thanks Dan

The Magellan Tech support guy told me not to do it with the gps as It might screw things up. I guess I will be off to Radio Shack tomorrow. Thanks Dan

Some MP3 player's can double as SD card readers. Do you have one of those?

Some MP3 player's can double as SD card readers. Do you have one of those?

Nope, I'm to old for those. Thanks Dan