Downloading all of NJ geocaches.

One problem is that there are over 2,400 caches in NJ and the 60CSX only holds 1,000 waypoints.

Unless there was a firmware change that allows you to store waypoints in memory, 1,000 is all you can store.

I live in northern NJ. What I do is run a Pocket Query of the nearest 500 unfound caches to my Zipcode, That gives me all the caches in about a 30 mile radius from my home. Then I run three smaller PQs of 150 each for outlying areas that I frequent. That gives me plenty of caches and covers most of the northern part of the state.

Edited by briansnat

Although you can only load 1000 caches in a 60CSx, you can load an unlimited amount of POIs. Granted they don't show up as "Treasure Chests", but they do contain a bit of the cache's info. As already stated, you are going to need a PPC or PDA for caching anyway, so that shouldn't pose a problem. I've already tried this method...loaded 1000 caches in my main caching location and a further 3000 as POIs, and all 4000 points in my PPC.

Briansnat, the 60CSx does indeed hold 1,000 waypoints, but it can hold many more POIs which are now user-uploadable via POI Loader.

This question really seems to be more about "how can I download the caches in bulk" (where the answer is "become a premium member and get the data from http://www.geocaching.com/pocket") than about the unit itself. If that's indeed the case, and the discussion continues down that path, we'll move it to the Website forum where this is well discussed and has a higher concentration of experts.