atving

wi_pred

I don't know about wisconsin but I use the Mapsource United States TOPO on my ATV ridges in Utah and it works rather well. If they are new trails there not on there but it gives me a good referance. I also take a USGS topo maps with me. You might even be able to download your trail into your GPS if someone has uploaded it onto the web. Check National Geographics site because they have a section that people upload trail data. Also try http://www.gpxchange.com they have a lot of trail data as well. I use them the most. Anyway, just some ideas.

MapSource United States TOPO

Garmin

This CD features digital topo maps for the US that are comparable to the US Geological Survey's 1:100,000 scale paper maps. Detail includes terrain contours, elevation, information, some roads, trails, summits and some bathymetric contours. ;)

Hey there,

I don't think I can help you, but I have a Garmin GPS V mounted on the handle bars of my Suzuki Vinson 500 ATV, it's hooked-up with an external antenna from my Micrologic GPS. I have the Garmin Topo Canada v2 software, with topo maps uploaded into the GPS for the area I am riding here in Nova Scotia, Canada.

I am just curious how you have your GPS mounted to your ATV? Do you have any pics you can share?

Here is a pic of my GPS on my ATV;

gpsvbike.jpg

I have some kind of bike mount fastend to the handelbars and then I wrap the little handstrap to my handlebars. Sorry I don't have any pics but it is a polaris predator, so that kind of gives you an idea of what my setup looks like.

Edited by wi_pred