Using Custom POIs to Store Additional Geocache Info Garmin 60csx

I had this working a few weeks ago, and now it doesn't! I download the GPX file from Geocaching.com using Mapsource for normal Geocaching info on the 60csx. This part works fine.

I then run the same GPX file thru GSAK creating a new file with additional cache detail in the name field, and hint info in the description field. Then I download that file using POILoader. The idea is to find the nearest custom POI and then read the hint info. I know I had this working the first time I tried it.

I do get the custom POIs in the unit when I search for them. However, now, I get a blank screen after selecting the custom POI. I have read a bunch of threads, and found some info which seemed to maybe point to a bug in the POI Loader program. I've tried versions 2.2, 2.3.1 and the new 2.3.2. All had the same results. The GPS has the latest Firmware in it (3.00 and 2.70).

Could the new 60csx firmware have broken this? Any ideas?

Wouldn't it be really cool if Garmin just updated the firmware to display more info from the GPX file directly?

Edited by smtrekkers

I haven't had any problems with Custom POIs with my 76CSx running firmware 3.00/2.70 and using POILoader 2.32, but that doesn't mean there aren't problems - just that I haven't noticed any with my own POI files. I did see someone reporting a similar problem with a Legend Cx (TantalCZ over in the Poi Loader For New Garmin "x" Series thread), so I don't think you're alone in the world.

Any chance you could put the .csv file that GSAK created on a server somewhere and provide a link where folks could download it to experiment with? I'd be game to try converting the .csv file and loading it onto my 76CSx to see what happens.