Upgrading To City Navigator V8

I am currently using City Select v7 and I am thinking of getting the City Navigator v8 upgrade. Are there any problems in doing this and what would be the benefits of CNv8. I have tried to compare the two but the only thing I could get out of it was that the newer version of CN let you choose smaller "chunks" of maps, which is better for those that dont have the upgradable memory. Anything else? Any potential problems?

I am currently using City Select v7 and I am thinking of getting the City Navigator v8 upgrade. Are there any problems in doing this and what would be the benefits of CNv8. I have tried to compare the two but the only thing I could get out of it was that the newer version of CN let you choose smaller "chunks" of maps, which is better for those that dont have the upgradable memory. Anything else? Any potential problems?

You will get updated POIs and, in theory, added roads, corrections, etc.

As for problems.............. $75.00 for the upgrade. <_<

...the only thing I could get out of it was that the newer version of CN let you choose smaller "chunks" of maps, which is better for those that dont have the upgradable memory.

To clarify, the map segments in CN8 are larger than those in CS7, but smaller than those in CN7. If you have a receiver with limited (non-expandable) memory, you probably should stick with CS7.

GW

...the only thing I could get out of it was that the newer version of CN let you choose smaller "chunks" of maps, which is better for those that dont have the upgradable memory.

To clarify, the map segments in CN8 are larger than those in CS7, but smaller than those in CN7. If you have a receiver with limited (non-expandable) memory, you probably should stick with CS7.

GW

Thanks for the help.