Travel Bug Problem

Sorry,

I'm new to caching but couldn't get on the getting started forum so I was hoping I could ask here. I got three travel bugs then changed my caching name. I handed off the TB to myself from the old name to the new one but now when I try to say that I have dropped them at a new location that isn't an option. I keep getting a message saying "Ther was an action associated with this log. The log type cannot be changed. When I try to create a new log the only options available are to write a not or "discovered it" Do I have to say I discovered the TB from myself and then I can edit the log to say that I dropped it at a new location?

Thanks

Hayndog

"Sniffin out cache around the globe"

Sorry,

I'm new to caching but couldn't get on the getting started forum so I was hoping I could ask here. I got three travel bugs then changed my caching name. I handed off the TB to myself from the old name to the new one but now when I try to say that I have dropped them at a new location that isn't an option. I keep getting a message saying "Ther was an action associated with this log. The log type cannot be changed. When I try to create a new log the only options available are to write a not or "discovered it" Do I have to say I discovered the TB from myself and then I can edit the log to say that I dropped it at a new location?

Thanks

Hayndog

"Sniffin out cache around the globe"

You don't log the drop from the TB page. It's done when you log the cache that you dropped them into. Underneath the comment box when you're writing your cache log, there's an area that says "Dropped off any travel bugs?" with a list of bugs in your inventory. You highlight the bug(s) that you dropped and then hit the submit button.

If you've already logged the cache you dropped them into, you can add another log (a "Write note" this time, not another "Found it"). Put something like "bug drop" in th comment box, highlight the bug(s) that you dropped, and hit submit.