Garmin P.o.i. Loader & Quest 2

I don't suppose there are a whole lot of you using this setup, but I'll throw the question out there anyway.

I've recently purchased a Quest 2. Already I dearly miss using the fantastic file-system of the Magellan Explorist, yet I've heard good things about the POI Loader, so I'm looking at that avenue.

I can successfully transfer points to my GPS using the POI Loader, but all I seem to be able to customize, as far as cache information, is the name of the POI. Whether exporting my own GPX file from GSAK or using one of the macros found on the GSAK site, all I have when I use POI loader to put them on my Quest 2 is a custom name, and a mostly-blank page when I view each waypoint.

After seeing some of the neat things some of you have done with POI Loader and the 60-series, I was hoping I could do the same with my Quest 2.

Has anyone been able to add comments to the waypoints when using POI Loader with the Quest 2? I'd like to have thinks like the difficulty/terrain, container size, etc.

Jamie

Found my problem.

The latest POI Loader, 2.3.1, overwrites the comment field with proximity data. Reverting to an older version correctly (so far) transmits the comment field how I expect.

Jamie

there is a macro modified by me showing the pois similar to this:

poi_eintrag.jpg

downloadable from there.

version 2.3.1 is buggy in that way that it always, independant from modus, overrides the comment with a proximity alarm.

use version 2.2.1 and you’ll be fine.

loadable from there

happy hunting from hamburg.

addendum from GSAK Forum:

change output to your needs: open the macro with macro-editor. go to the following line:

…
 $out = $d_longitude + "," + $d_latitude + "," + quote("%drop2 %typ1%con1 %dif1a/%ter1a %shortname=30") + "," + quote("(%hint) %by") + $_NewLine
…

change the smart tags to your need. the first quote-section is comment 3 (garmin’s »name« - holds 44 chars), the second quote-section is comment 4* (garmin’s »comment« - holds 88 chars (on 60/76 x-series, streetpilots might hold a bit more)).

more on smart tags: see gsak help.

* will be overridden with poi loader v 2.3.1 alarm notifications, use v 2.2.1

happy coding from hamburg.

edit: added some figures.

Edited by HHL