Just An Idea In Southern Ontario

daseeg

Hello ,peeps.

I am new to the whole geocache thing ,but i am really enjoying it.

I just took a month off work, picked up a gps for wilderness mountain biking. In doing some internet research, found out about geocaching.Sooo,

i have been driving everywhere locally finding caches (stupid really when you consider its 90 degrees,humid and the wee beasties are out(skitters).

My idea:

I am thinking it would be cool to meet up in a parkng lot and give everyone an inititial set of coords, (not all the same for all)but the final cache would be the same (that way you cannot follow someone).

so a few micros later , some trivia, scenic driving, the cache,dinner and wobbly pops.

I am in the southern on. region around clarington ....alright busted,I live in Bowmanville.

anyone want to try to make this happen/ say for a fall ride, when the leaves are changing?

Definitely sounds like an Event to me!

If you do plan on setting up some kind of car rally utilizing GPS gaming, be sure that you test the course a few times before you release the info or hold the event. I made the mistake of assuming times... there were issues.

But a Geo-Rally is great fun!

:unsure: The Blue Quasar

I might just do it, i pretty new to this so it may be awhile, maybe a fall tour.

Good for you! Like they say...if you build it, they will come. With geocaching events, they generally come in droves.

Get an event page set up so folks are aware.

Ask for some assistance if you're going to need it.

Start planning!

Keep your cache event page updated so folks know how the planning is going.

Good Luck!

I might just do it, i pretty new to this so it may be awhile, maybe a fall tour.

Good for you! Like they say...if you build it, they will come. With geocaching events, they generally come in droves.

Get an event page set up so folks are aware.

Ask for some assistance if you're going to need it.

Start planning!

Keep your cache event page updated so folks know how the planning is going.

Good Luck!

I have been working on a series for an area just south of Vancouver. It will use rally type instructions to direct people to a micro cache which will contain co-ordinates for the final stage. First one is going to be a stick map, and I have it finished and ready for a dry run to make sure it works properly. I expect to be posting it within the next week or two.