Good Waas Info Page

I found this page to be pretty informative..thought I would post:

WAAS and its Relation to Enabled Hand-Held GPS Receivers

what it also says to me is the MSAS almanac added to the (edit: garmin 60csx) sirf chipset firmware v 2.7 is for Japan (the page has a map of which WAAS sattellites and systems cover which geographic regions of the world)

Mod - if you like this link, would suggest to make it a stickey, although I'm not sure this forum s/w supports them

edit:

additional link for further technical details on WAAS for Garmin receivers (including suggestions on getting an almanac load when you can't seem to (although there are quite a few steps - may be more work than needed by just letting the unit do what it is trying to do)). this link is in the above but I thought I would add it here as well.

http://www.gpsinformation.org/dale/dgps.htm

Edited by thefiveofus

The information on the mentioned page for EGNOS is outdated.

EGNOS started into production mode at begin of july 2006.

For details see here:

http://esamultimedia.esa.int/docs/egnos/estb/egnos_pro.htm

I need to add: since Egnos is in production, I can't get a stable signal anymore with my 60 CSX, also not using the latest firmware/sirfware combination 3.0/2.7, the lock with the visible D's lasts only for a few seconds and then disappears again for some minutes.

Edited by NewZealand