Garmin Mapsource: Search For Business?

I have a 60csx with just the basemaps at present (ms nav coming soon). I note that when I mouse over freeway exits that I can select them and get a list of the businesses at that exit. Great info! However, I can't find any way of searching for those names. For example, route me to the closest In-N-Out Burger. Instead I have to select the exits one by one: booo!

When you install the "real" mapsource navigator maps, can you do this kind of searching?

Or can you get a "businesses within 10 miles" list?

When you install the "real" mapsource navigator maps, can you do this kind of searching?

Or can you get a "businesses within 10 miles" list?

Yes, with the CityNavigator maps loaded you can search for POIs in each category either by name or be nearest. So you could look for all the In-n-Out Burger places and get a listing ordered by their distance from you. Pressing Menu would also let you switch to finding by location in which case you'd get a list of the 50 restaurants that are nearest.

And not just "businesses." You can ask it to find the nearest ATM, hospital, or roadside rest area, and then give you a route with turn-by-turn directions to get you there. Pretty darn handy when you are on the road.

I'm always surprised by just how many non-essential retail businesses are listed. Car dealerships, 4x4 shops, churches, etc.. I can't think of many places I've done a search for that didn't come up.

By the way, my new 60CSX is sure a LOT faster at finding places when I'm just searching for any containing a particular word than my 60CS was. :D

Edited by Jerry Bransford