Gps Satellites

This may have been mentioned in another thread, if so I apologize for being redundent.

I was wondering if someone could help me understand what the satellite numbers mean on the satellite page? They seem to be random from 01 to 35, but recently I noticed a 51 appear on my 60c. If there are any articles or resources anyone could suggest, that would be helpful also.

Thx.

Each satellite is unique in the signal that it broadcasts to earth. What it basically means to you is that it's a way to show you which satellites you're receiving and which one's you're not. It helps show you which direction of the sky is not being received so that might help you reposition it to another location in the direction where there is no signal.

Numbers 32 and above are the WAAS satellites which also send corection data. If you see little "D" symbols on your signal strength bars, then you're getting WAAS correction data for that particular satellite which ultimately helps with your unit's accuracy.

..hope that helps.

Check out Trimble's "How it Works" presentation:

CLICK HERE

Each satellite is unique in the signal that it broadcasts to earth. What it basically means to you is that it's a way to show you which satellites you're receiving and which one's you're not. It helps show you which direction of the sky is not being received so that might help you reposition it to another location in the direction where there is no signal.

Numbers 32 and above are the WAAS satellites which also send corection data. If you see little "D" symbols on your signal strength bars, then you're getting WAAS correction data for that particular satellite which ultimately helps with your unit's accuracy.

..hope that helps.

Check out Trimble's "How it Works" presentation:

CLICK HERE

Looks like someone beat me to it, but that's just about it.