Exporting Explorist Waypoints

I'm kind of embarassed that I can't figure this out, and also surprised that I've not had to do this before, but as some of you know, I've recently acquired a Garmin Quest 2 to use as my primary in-vehicle GPS, keeping my Explorist for geocaching and other handheld duties.

My Explorist, after more than a year of use, has about 50 waypoints on it that I use regularly. Places of business which I frequent, houses of my friends or friends of friends, etc. I'd like to put these on my Quest. Trouble is, I can't figure out a simple way to export the waypoints from my Explorist to put somewhere to import to my Quest.

I imagine GPSBabel will do this somehow, although I'm an outspoken dope when it comes to manipulating GPSBabel without help. Will the most recent GPSBabel (which I hear has a GUI (I know, I know) make this easier on me?

Jamie

I admittedly know squat about the Quest, but the GUI for GPSBabel makes the program very easy to use. Just choose from the Input dropdown list Magellan SD files (as for eXplorist) then browse to your .upt file on the receiver by clicking the File Open button on the right side of the window. Then choose the file export type from the dropdown menu in the output part of the window. I don't know what format you would export to for the Quest. I'm sure you could figure that out, or you could always export to GPX and bring that in using MapSource or whatever. (See, I really don't know anything about Garmins.)

Edited by geognerd

Read waypoints of type "magellan" from your explorist and write to type "garmin" on "usb:" The various GUIs will ultimately do something like:

gpsbabel -i magellan -f q:/path/to/your/explorist.upt -o garmin -F usb:

Now you can do stupid GPSBabel tricks like writing to two GPSes at once, copying between brands, and so on. Be the envy of your friends and neighbours.