Plucker Help!

I have been using Plucker for a few years now along with GSAK and love it. A while back I noticed I had to select DOC compression under Output options for it to work. I don't know what this means, but everything came out okay on my Palm.

Yesterday I tried to hot sync another Pocket Query, and I can't get anything!! If I select DOC compression, it locks up when retrieving files (I have tried different querys). If I select ZLIB compression, it looks like it has worked, but when I select a cache, I get the message EXTERNAL LINK- The link you selected was not downloaded by Plucker... it was probably an external site, or exceeded the maximum depth that the referring page was asked to retrieve.

I have not changed anything that I had been doing when it worked.

Any suggestions? I'm leaving for Savannah in the morning and want to get my pocket query!!

Thanks

I have been using Plucker for a few years now along with GSAK and love it. A while back I noticed I had to select DOC compression under Output options for it to work. I don't know what this means, but everything came out okay on my Palm.

Yesterday I tried to hot sync another Pocket Query, and I can't get anything!! If I select DOC compression, it locks up when retrieving files (I have tried different querys). If I select ZLIB compression, it looks like it has worked, but when I select a cache, I get the message EXTERNAL LINK- The link you selected was not downloaded by Plucker... it was probably an external site, or exceeded the maximum depth that the referring page was asked to retrieve.

Any suggestions? I'm leaving for Savannah in the morning and want to get my pocket query!!

Thanks

Not sure about GSAK since the only time I tried using it with Plucker I got the exact same results you describe. I use Spinner on my pocket queries and then use the output from that in Plucker. Works great. When you "Spin" the pocket query it will put a ton of files into a folder called Cache. Just drop the index.htm file from that folder into the Plucker window. Give it a name. THEN you click on the Update button (5th from the left) and it updates the Plucker file. Then you can sync your Palm with Plucker and all is well. Once you have updated the Plucker file you can delete the files from the Cache folder without effecting your Plucker database. If you "spin" another pocket query and want to just update the existing Plucker database you can simply select it and hit "update" again. It will look in the Cache folder and use the files there to update the database. No need to find and drop the index.htm file in that case.

Thanks

drop the Plucker on your desktop an use Sunrisexp it works alot better an faster. leave plucker on your pda though. here is a link that will help. http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=133505

Tried SunriseXP- I entered all the info and then when I clicked OK, I got a message that SunriseXP encountered a problem and would now close. Got the same message 3 times. Uninstalled, installed again, and got the same message.

Then tried Spinner. All worked well. Just seems like if I am using GSAK also, it is a few more steps. First I have to do GSAK, then Spinner, Then Plucker and then Hotsync to the PDA. Guess I shouldn't complain - much better than printing pages.

Any suggestions on why SunriseXP kept encountering a problem? I did notice it is a Beta version.

Thanks!!