Unlocking City Select V7

Does anyone know how to unlock the maps for my GPS 60cx got from Garmin under a repair. They sent me replacement unit, but i want to unlock my City Select with this new 60cx. Is there anyhing I can do to make it work somehow without calling, because they do not work on Sat. and Sun. Any help would be appreciated

Each Garmin gps will have it's own internal code. City Select will offer an unlock for two codes. Have you done two previously?

No I have not.

two codes, you mean two differernt s/n numbers on the gps units.I will try that.

Thanks a lot it worked.

If you had previously unlocked your maps to your old unit you should NOT have to use your second unlock key to unlock them on the replacement unit. I sent in a unit to Garmin for repair and they sent a replacement without the unlocked maps on it. I called them and said I didn't want to use up my second unlock key and that they should have unlocked the maps on the replacement unit. They supplied me with an additional unlock key free of charge.

If you had previously unlocked your maps to your old unit you should NOT have to use your second unlock key to unlock them on the replacement unit. I sent in a unit to Garmin for repair and they sent a replacement without the unlocked maps on it. I called them and said I didn't want to use up my second unlock key and that they should have unlocked the maps on the replacement unit. They supplied me with an additional unlock key free of charge.

That is the correct course of action in this case. Garmin reps know that when you send in a unit for repair and they replace it, it is not a second unit, but they first one with a different serial number. They will send you new unlock code(s) at no charge in this case and without having to use your second unlock.