Mapsend 3d Topo

It has been a long time since I have posted here. I have been busy with work but still get some time to get Geocaching in. For those of you with a Magellan Explorist who have the Mapsend 3D Topo program there is a way to set it up so you don't have to insert the 3rd disc to open the program. You can go to my old post about this on the link below. I won't post the exact link to the info, you just need to do the search as mentioned in the post. (My posts are a few down from the top)

Basically you download a hex editor program (free), open up the mapsend .exe file in the editor. Search for a specific string. Change a could of numbers and letters in the string and then save. Bingo.....now you never need to insert the 3rd disc.

Two important things. Save a copy of the .exe before you edit it to another area of your computer. This is back up in case you have a problem. You also want to do the full install of the program before editing the .exe file. If you don't then you will not be able to access the 3D mode.

Enjoy!!!

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...46&hl=topo+maps

It has been a long time since I have posted here. I have been busy with work but still get some time to get Geocaching in. For those of you with a Magellan Explorist who have the Mapsend 3D Topo program there is a way to set it up so you don't have to insert the 3rd disc to open the program. You can go to my old post about this on the link below. I won't post the exact link to the info, you just need to do the search as mentioned in the post. (My posts are a few down from the top)

Basically you download a hex editor program (free), open up the mapsend .exe file in the editor. Search for a specific string. Change a could of numbers and letters in the string and then save. Bingo.....now you never need to insert the 3rd disc.

Two important things. Save a copy of the .exe before you edit it to another area of your computer. This is back up in case you have a problem. You also want to do the full install of the program before editing the .exe file. If you don't then you will not be able to access the 3D mode.

Enjoy!!!

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...mp;hl=topo+maps