Date Format

I notice that all dates are in the form MM/DD/YYYY. This is a format that is used in the US, but most of the rest of the world uses DD/MM/YYYY. This can be very confusing, for example when I read 12/04/2005 I see it as 12th of April 2005, when it actually represents on this site December the 4th 2005.

There are two possible solutions.

1) Allow an optional date format in your personal preferences. Just like you have for metric/imperial.

2) Follow the International Standards Organisation (ISO) date format and do all dates as 2005/12/04 which is universally understood as 4th of December 2005.

Regards,

Jim Palfreyman

jim77742

I notice that all dates are in the form MM/DD/YYYY. This is a format that is used in the US, but most of the rest of the world uses DD/MM/YYYY. This can be very confusing, for example when I read 12/04/2005 I see it as 12th of April 2005, when it actually represents on this site December the 4th 2005.

1) Allow an optional date format in your personal preferences. Just like you have for metric/imperial.

2) Follow the International Standards Organisation (ISO) date format and do all dates as 2005/12/04 which is universally understood as 4th of December 2005.

Regards,

Jim Palfreyman

jim77742

Wouldn't 2005/12/04 actually be "2005, December, 4th"....

Dale

Regards,

Jim Palfreyman

jim77742

Argued to death already over in the website forum, Taz.