Auto Route Problem Legend Cx

When I plan a route on the PC using mapsource and Metro Guide v6, and then download it to the GPS. Then when I select the route on the GPS it comes up with the normal prompt "Follow Road" I select yes and then it automaticly recalculates the route, since the maps I have loaded into the GPS are Metro Guide and TOPO which I know do not auto route on the GPS the route gets all screwed up. Why does it always recalculate automaticly? Do I have something set wrong or is this something that has no fix unless you purchase one of the auto routing software. :grin:

When I plan a route on the PC using mapsource and Metro Guide v6, and then download it to the GPS. Then when I select the route on the GPS it comes up with the normal prompt "Follow Road" I select yes and then it automaticly recalculates the route, since the maps I have loaded into the GPS are Metro Guide and TOPO which I know do not auto route on the GPS the route gets all screwed up. Why does it always recalculate automaticly? Do I have something set wrong or is this something that has no fix unless you purchase one of the auto routing software. :grin:

Your Cx is autorouting by the basemap only since as you note neither of your map packages autoroute on a GPSr. That's why the route gets all screwed up. Also, even with CS/CN routes don't transfer PC to GPSr. Your GPSr will run its own calculation once routable maps are loaded. Is this what you were asking?

Thanks for the answer but not exatly. I would think that if you were using the PC to plan a route and transfering it to the GPS it would not recalculate when you selected navagate unless you comanded it to do so. I understand the idea if you are using the GPS to plan the route but this kinda sucks when you figure that the route would just plot out as designed. So if I had CN or CS and planned a route on my pc and transfered it to the GPS then hit navagate it is going to destroy my original route. It sure is easier planning a route on the PC than using the GPS if you have multiple waypoints along the way.

In my gpsV I was able to load a route from mapsource...You need to turn OFF auto recalculation or it will hose it up for you. With autorecalculation off it should keep your old route I think.

I'll try this tonight in my 60csx and see what happens.

This has been discussed before ..... As I understand it .... Garmin autorouting GPS units will not take routes from another source ... they want to do it themselves. :ph34r: ImpalaBob