Change Interface

i am trying to transfer a map to my GPS and it says to change the interface in the GPS to garmin, it says to refer to the manual but it doesnt say anything how do i do this thanks

You need to change this on the Interface page:

Get to the Main Menu and select "Setup"

From this screen, select "Interface"

On this screen, under "Serial Data Format" make sure it reads "Garmin".

(I'm basing these instructions on my 60CSx. Your GPSr may have different screens.)

--Larry

Edited by larryc43230

i am trying to transfer a map to my GPS and it says to change the interface in the GPS to garmin, it says to refer to the manual but it doesnt say anything how do i do this thanks

You need to change this on the Interface page:

Get to the Main Menu and select "Setup"

From this screen, select "Interface"

On this screen, under "Serial Data Format" make sure it reads "Garmin".

(I'm basing these instructions on my 60CSx. Your GPSr may have different screens.)

--Larry

o yeah i forgot to mention the GPS is a Legend CX and i cant seem to find a interface screen under setup.

but thanks for the help

o yeah i forgot to mention the GPS is a Legend CX and i cant seem to find a interface screen under setup.

but thanks for the help

I just took a look at the manual for the Legend CX, and in the Specifications section (page 72), under Interfaces it gives only "Garmin Proprietary (USB)" as if that's your only option. Are you sure there isn't an option in the software that you need to change regarding the interface?

--Larry