Caching Holiday Next Month

First week of july will be hitting the ben nevis area for a week and already have a shed load of caches picked out for the week. Have a few geocoins newly purchased and burning a hole in my pocket to put out too :)

Anyone got any coins or tbs they want ponying 'oop north' or any scottish cachers got any they want taking 'dahn sarf'. If so let me know

Hello Free S.......

If you get as far up north to Loch Ness , there is a cache called Grasshopper which has our T.B. called Sadness in it. His original mission was to have met us on our recent hol up and around the Loch Ness region but for one reason or another we missed him, so he's stuck in a cache with his old mission attached to him and as he is as near to Loch Ness as possible, he won't to be going anywhere fast :P

Ive wrote a note asking for the mission label to be removed so he can start his new one on his home page and also on the cache page but it seems to get overlooked so if I could ask you a big favour and if you get a chance, to visit the cache and if Sadness is still there, to remove his mission label so that he can come out of his involuntary resting place ????

That would be kool :):huh:

Dear Freespirit

We may cross paths - I am flying out to Glasgow on the 30th to walk the West Highland Way and gather my first UK caches en route. May the weather be good to us!

Cheers

Time Librarian (Warren)

You might find this list helpful if you are walking the WHW....

West Highland Way caches

ps did anyone mention midges ?????? :huh: ....Avon "Skin so Soft".... don't leave home without it :P

slainge

pps Complete the series and get a mention in the Hall of Fame in WHW day 8 ( the end is nigh)

Freespirit...... If you are in Fort William you must visit the most gorgeous cache in the world......

Waterfall and Ruin

[moderator invisible] please please please take a wee lock and lock box and replace the damaged one ….[/moderator invisible ]

Hi F.S., that would be great if you could get to the Grasshopper cache, its not a bad cache and recommended as a drive-by otherwise its a steep walk.

Nearby to Grasshopper is a cache called Woodiness which is a lovely location, its an unspoilt forest in the middle of no-where and its just well looked after. Our kids loved it, so much so that we went back at every spare minute we had...... :D

Oh and a trip in the cable cars by where you are staying at Glen Nevis is a must... :P:huh::)

We love it around the region and have already booked to go back next year.... if we can wait that long

Have a great time

not a prob

to all many thanks for the excellent suggestions by the way. its giving me plenty of ideas to consider. zr7 is taking his pda and we have the post code for the campsite so we can enter that to search for neqrest caches and pick some out so all of the above will be bourne in mind when looking. LOL@ant hill mobster recommending a driveby!

cable cars? didnt know there were some there, have not been these since i was a kid so its all far distant memories for me (mostly rainy memories). Unfortunately not doing ben nevis this year as my well documented thoughts on hill walking mean im probably not fit enough but am going out walking whenever poss to have another go in the future. :huh:

Flyfishermanbob, thanks for your advice - i have those 8 firmly in my sights, and in the process of harranguing my local Avon lady for some SSS - flying out of Sydney on Friday :grin:

Freespirit & zr7 - happy hunting guys. I wont be on the boards or the 'net until I get home again again but if you spot an aussie accent in a pub one evening, say hello. :grin:

Hello Free S.......

If you get as far up north to Loch Ness , there is a cache called Grasshopper which has our T.B. called Sadness in it. His original mission was to have met us on our recent hol up and around the Loch Ness region but for one reason or another we missed him, so he's stuck in a cache with his old mission attached to him and as he is as near to Loch Ness as possible, he won't to be going anywhere fast :rolleyes:

Ive wrote a note asking for the mission label to be removed so he can start his new one on his home page and also on the cache page but it seems to get overlooked so if I could ask you a big favour and if you get a chance, to visit the cache and if Sadness is still there, to remove his mission label so that he can come out of his involuntary resting place ????

That would be kool :o:rolleyes:

Hey is this still a need? I'm heading up to Fort William to hike the Great Glen Way on Saturday (day after tomorrow)....I will have a look around...send me a message if you want me to send your bug on his way...

oops - someone did that already 3 days ago....oh well....

Edited by LostJacky