Help With Cachemate & Archived Caches?

Hello,

I've been geocaching for around 1 year now. My scenario goes something like this.

I usually run 2 pocket queries once per week. I download 200 geocaches centered on my home location, and 100 caches centered on my parents house (we visit often). Each week I use Cachemate to HotSync our Garmin Ique 3600. This is supposed to update all the "exisiting" information with any new information, and I don't lose any of my changes, logs, etc.

While out traveling, we will see that we are close to a cache, and then just make a little detour and try to find the cache. Unfortunately, I have been running into a lot of caches that are archived (no longer there).

Is there anyway that Cachemate can highlight or delete the archived caches out of the PDA?

My guess is that after the caches are archived, they just no longer update. Has anyone else found a cure for this problem?

Thanks

Unfortunately, once archived, the cache no longer comes in the PQ, so there is no way to know that they are not there.

This is what I do:

1) When you find a cache, mark it as found on the log page in Cachemate. This moves the cache to the "Found" folder and notes the time and date of the find. Any other log information is kept.

2) Before loading any unfound cache pages, delete all records in the "unfound" folder of Cachemate. This clears out any possible archives records.

Using these steps, all found caches, note and logs are kept and not lost but the unfound caches are kept up to date.

Edited by Red90